COMMITTEES - All Committees Have Openings
Joining a committee prepares your for Emerging Leaders Institute, FLTRIO /SAEOPP leadership, and possible promotions as you network and build your resume. Read descriptions below to choose a committee or contact Vice President Jerinae Speed for details.
- Conference & Activities--This committee shall be responsible for planning and coordinating (with the host entity) the annual Student Leadership Conference, the FLTRIO Olympics, and the Tri-State Conference. Activities include selecting the site, specifying a theme, arranging for appropriate speakers and guests, registration, exhibits, hospitality, evaluation and other activities as necessary. The Committee will present to the Executive Board for its approval, a budget at least four months prior to the event. The Treasurer will serve as a member of the Conference & Activities Committee.
- Media & Technology--This committee shall address itself specifically to The Association’s goals. It shall have responsibility for the development of The Association’s publications, which will keep the membership informed and encourage scholarly. Further, the committee is responsible for monitoring The Association’s Web site (and Social Networking sites) and planning and coordinating activities utilizing state of the art educational technology to enhance FLTRIO.
- Finance & Fiscal Concerns— The Finance & Fiscal Concerns Committee is responsible for the financial oversight of the Association and recommends policies to the Executive Board. This committee shall provide guidance and direction to the Treasurer in (1) preparing the annual budget, (2) preparing for the completion of annual tax return, (3) preparing for the completion of periodic financial reviews, (4) annually review the policy on financial administration and (5) other matters relative to fiscal operations. The president determines the selection of members of the Finance Committee who will serve a two-year term. The Committee will consist of one person from each region of the state. The Treasurer is a member of this committee.
- Legislation & Education Committee--This committee shall (1) specifically address itself to The Association’s goals, (2) be responsible for fulfilling The Associations’ Leadership development goals (including the Emerging Leaders Institute) and (3) organize the Association’s Advocacy Initiatives (policy Seminar and Fair Share)
- Membership & Credentials--This committee shall promote membership in The Association, certify to The Association the membership and determine the membership class and eligibility for the purpose of participation in The Association’s activities. For each Association meeting, this committee shall certify to the Executive Board the names of the eligible voters and shall be responsible for monitoring and tallying votes when necessary. The Secretary is the Chairperson of this committee.
- Awards, Recognition & Student Initiatives Committee--This committee shall be responsible for (1) spearheading student initiatives as deemed necessary (including selecting student scholarship winners and facilitating student Government elections), (2) organizing the TRIO events (TRIO Day, TRIO Alumni and TRIO Achiever initiatives), (3) FLTRIO competitions (SSS/McNair Debate , Academic Bowl, Scholars Bowl), and (4) Study Abroad.